The Paw Press

Pandemic game review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pandemic game review

Alden McGrath, Pandemic Game Review

The Paw Press Game Review 

Entry #1, Pandemic The Original Co-op Game

By: The Unknown

Do you want to play fun game for friends and family? Pandemic is a board game created by Matt Leacock and published by z-man games in 2008. It is a co-op (cooperative games A.K.A. co-op games, are games where you work with other people) game for 2-4 people and takes around 45 minutes to complete. In the game you and your friends are a team of specialists who must eradicate 4 different diseases by treating the disease cubes and finding cures before there are too many outbreaks across the globe that destroy humanity. Specialist roles include the Scientist, the Quarantine Specialist, the Contingency Planner, the Medic, the Dispatcher, the Operations Expert, and the Researcher. 

Pandemic got 83 points on the 100-point test (the 100-point test is my test that has categories like cost, play time, and story). It got 4 awards which were, the Meeples’ Choice Award, the Origins Award for Board Game or Expansion of the Year, the GAMES 100 Best New Family Game, and the Golden Geek Award for Best Family Board Game. I think you should play if you like co-op games and games that you must travel around the board and if you like using powers specific to your character. The first time I played pandemic I thought, “I don’t know about this game” but then I was surprised by how fun it was. Because of this, the first time you play this game I recommend you play it on a weekend or a Friday because it takes a while to get used to. Arguably the medic is the most useful character because it destroys the diseases the fastest, but when you play it you are so focused on treating the diseases that you don’t even think about finding any cures.  

If you have any ideas or suggestions for my next game review or would like to review this game, then talk to Ms. Boswell. The next game I will be reviewing is going to be cool so look out for my reviews next week. 

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Pandemic game review”

1. Alden McGrath on November 1st, 2018 3:03 pm

this is an epic artical ithink its the best one ever

2. Julian Smith on November 27th, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi Alden, nice article BTW

3. Mr. Gray on December 4th, 2018 10:11 am

Great review! I’ve played Pandemic a few times with friends and it’s definitely fun. The first time, we didn’t quite understand the rules the right way and ‘won’ pretty easily. Then we played again with the correct rules and humanity fell to the disease. The people who made Pandemic made another game called Contagion, where you get to be a disease and try to infect as many people in as many countries as possible. If you haven’t played it, you should check it out.

Another game you might consider reviewing is Risk: Legacy. Unlike the original Risk, in this game the rules keep changing based on what happened in previous games. It’s a perfect game for those who like to play with the same people over and over again, since you wind up customizing the game as you go.

4. Alden McGrath on December 6th, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks Mr.Gray for your helpful advice, i will see if those games are availible to me.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

Catharine Blaine Art

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

DOODLE! YAY!

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

Girl

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

Its All In My Head

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

Last art piece! +thank you

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

How to make butter cookies

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

Pet Page

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

Magic the Gathering Game Reveiw

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

Castlevania-Series review

• Pandemic game review

Arts & Entertainment

How To Make a Homemade Apple Pie

The Student News Site of Catharine Blaine K-8
Pandemic game review