The Paw Press

Fast Food, Again?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fast Food, Again?

Owen Willis, Journalist

On March 4th, 2019, the Trump Administration served fast food again to the North Dakota Football team. They finished 15-0 and won the championship against Eastern Washington University. “We had the Clemson Tigers here and I did the same thing, we could have had chiefs, but we got fast food- because I know you people well,” Trump said to the football team on Monday.

Yet again, on probably the most honorable table in the US, it looked like a McDonald’s table. “Because the Democrats refuse to negotiate on border security, much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed — so the President is personally paying for the event to be catered with some of everyone’s favorite fast foods,” says White House deputy press security, Hogan Gidley. It was more than just one championship, it was their seventh straight! So instead of getting a nice dinner like they have the previous six times, it was Chick-fil-A. Get this, the food apparently did not even stay warm, it turned cold.

I personally think this is outrageous! Being served at the White House should be an honor and not a drive-through. President Trump believes the this is great “American food” not saying it isn’t, but this is the richest country in the world, and a great football team should, if going to go to the White House, should at least be given a good meal.

About the Writer
Owen Willis, Journalist

Hello, there! I’m Owen a 6th grader at Blaine and have been here since Kindergarten and it really is a supportive school. I have a younger sister in...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Fast Food, Again?”

1. Heidi Willis on March 11th, 2019 11:06 am

HI Owen, Journalist!! Enjoyed this article….didn’t realize a 2nd team was served MacDonals’s food….pretty tacky!! Maybe it has something to do with the name….Mac DONALD’s… But agree teams should get a nice meal, and maybe even with the President….. Look forward to reading your future articles….sending lots of love from Vermont!! Heidi

2. Callie Willis on March 12th, 2019 7:04 am

Well said Owen and just the facts! I agree that dining at the White House should be an honor and not a drive thru – for cold burgers and fries no less! I think if I were part of the team I would have skipped going to the White House these days. Anyway, excellent journalism on your part! Keep up the great writing!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Fast Food, Again?

Opinion

Pressure for Girl’s Perfection

• Fast Food, Again?

Opinion

Elephants Can Stay Around For The Lovely Sound!

• Fast Food, Again?

Opinion

When Should Children Have Access to the Internet?

• Fast Food, Again?

Opinion

Saving Rhino’s

• Fast Food, Again?

Opinion

Green Book Review

• Fast Food, Again?

Opinion

Driverless Cars, the Future?

• Fast Food, Again?

Opinion

The Good Place Review

• Fast Food, Again?

Arts & Entertainment

Magic the Gathering Game Reveiw

• Fast Food, Again?

Opinion

Kerbal Space Program Game Review

• Fast Food, Again?

Opinion

Arms Game Review

The Student News Site of Catharine Blaine K-8
Fast Food, Again?