The Paw Press

Seahawks Lose To Long Time Rival

Back to Article
Back to Article

Seahawks Lose To Long Time Rival

Seahawks Lose To Long Time Rival

By: Tate Livingston

V.S

Last Sunday the Seahawks lost to a long time rival the 49ers. Me and many other Seahawks fans are very frustrated about this loss. 2 weeks ago when the Seahawks played the 49ers the, Seahawks won easily resulting in a score of 43-16. On Sunday, the Seahawks lose 26-23. I don’t know what happened but the Seahawks were off.

The 49ers are really bad this year. They were using their 3rd string quarterback and have a record of 4 and 10. This should have been an easy game. But, Sebastian Janikowski blew an extra point, that would have allowed the Seahawks to win by 1 point. Also on one of the last plays the Seahawks had the ball, Russel Wilson threw a pass that should have gotten us the first down and then some. But, we got a holding penalty and lost the whole play. This is the type pf thing that the Seahawks do that costs us these games. I think that the Seahawks need to work on their penalties, it losses games for us and will hurt us even more in the playoffs.

Next week the Seahawks will play the Chiefs. I am very scared for this game. The Chiefs are one of, if not the best offense in the league. But there is one flaw that the Chiefs have. The Chiefs have one of the worst defenses in the NFL, while the Seahawks defenses has played far better then expected. They are actually pretty good. So, I believe that the only way the Seahawks will win is if they take advantage on offense. And if the Seahawks defense also preforms then I think the Seahawks will win. Also, the Seahawk have almost beat the Rams multiple times and the Rams beat the Chiefs. So maybe there is a little hope but as a Seahawks fan I would expect the loss.

Now let’s look at what this would mean for the playoffs. Right now the Seahawks are the 5th seed in the NFC playoffs. If the Seahawks were to lose this game and the Vikings and Eagles win then the Seahawks would be out of the playoffs. But, if just the Vikings win then the Seahawks would have the 6th seed in the playoffs. But, if the Seahawks were to win the game then they remain at the 5th position. So, if you want to know if the Seahawks make the playoffs wtch the scores of the Seahawks, Vikings, and Eagles games.