The Paw Press

Super Smash Bros Ultimate-Game Review

Kaleb Flores, The Invention of Video Games

Super Smash Bros. The fighting games that seem to be the most intense games of all. These games are some the best fighting games in history because it has so many crossovers to it. The new Super Smash Bros has 74 playable characters! Including the DLC for it that is coming next year, that is a total of 80 playable characters (fighters in smash language)! And it’s even one of the few games that support different languages!  Now let’s review the latest Super Smash bros that has came out a few days ago.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate released December 7, 2018. Many people have been waiting for this game over the past year. There have been four directs on it (announcements for the game) that people thought that it only made the game better. Now that the game is released, we can finally play it for our selves. The creator of the game, Sakuri, added new modes to the game. These modes are spirit mode, stamina mode (before it wasn’t an actual mode), squad strike, and tourney mode (a tournament mode). However, there was a mode that was unable to make a comeback. This made was smash run. I don’t blame Nintendo. This mode was easier to make when they made Super Smash Bros 4 for 3DS. But the mode people are really excited for was the adventure mode. This mode was in none of the Smash games accept for Super Smash Bros 3: Brawl. And the mode that is in every smash game is classic mode. The mode where you keep fighting other fighters until you make it to master hand (the evil hand dude that is all fighters’ enemy). When smash 4 came, he has a partner named crazy hand. This is still the case in smash 5 (another name for Super Smash Bros Ultimate) and in smash 4 for Wii U, there is multiplayer classic mode. Also still the case in smash 5. Also players can do different things to earn gold to buy new songs from each series. Now lets talk about some classic mode.

In classic mode some fighters don’t fight master and crazy hand.  Some characters fight their arch enemies. Like Simon and Richter (the vampire killers from Castlevania) fight Dracula, Link fights demon King Ganon, Mario fights Giga Bowser, Kirby fights Marx from Kirby Super star,  Pickachu fights Mewtwo, and Mega Man doctor Mario(replacement of of Dr.Willy).  But some characters are unusual. For example Inkling fight Marx, Marth and Yoshi fight Ratholos, and Luigi fights Dracula. Some bosses are harder than others like Ganon is harder than Ratholos. Something people have noticed is that there is no master core. Master Core was the black energy inside master hand. Once you get master and crazy hand down to half heath early, the master core will go crazy and burst out! The case is that Smash 5 classic mode gets harder as you go. And Master and Crazy hand have so much health  that you can’t triger it. But enough of that. Lets get in to the adventure mode

The adventure mode that is titled “World of Light” is the mode where Galeem, the lord of light, consumes every fighter accept Kirby because Kirby was able to get away. Now as you can see, lord of light doesn’t fit with Galeem. Therefore he should of been called lord of shadows, lord of darkness, or lord of chaos. but he is a big ball of evil light. But I see why they chose lord of light because he creates a new universe that seems lighter than the normal one. the reason why he shouldn’t be called the lord of light is because he makes a huge explosion of light that consumes all life in the universe. During the explosion Kirby is the only one able to escape. He escapes by overriding the his warp star that vanishes along with Kirby. Then it shows a seen where none playable characters are turned into spirits that are helpful in all parts of the game. Then when Kirby crashes down to Earth, you see that you have a whole world to explore before reaching Galeem. But all fighters are still alive by Galeem possessing them and making them uable t be devoured by the light. Then Galeem makes all spirits make puppets.You no if your unlocking a fighter if they are the right color they appear in and they have no spirit with them. You also free the spirit that was forced to help Galeem. Also in certain parts of the game your spirits can go on a mission to find gold. Give’em enough time, and you will be rich with gold! You also face the bosses you face in classic mode. But as you can see, the bosses you face in world of light mode are harder than they are in classic mode. This is because some bosses use strong attacks more often. But here’s something you should know. Galeem might be the creator of master hand and crazy hand because there was thousands of master and crazy hands around Galeem. And he might be the one behind Master Hand from all those years of facing master hand face to face.

Now before I want to talk more about spirits. Each spirit is a different type for example fighting spirits. Now here is something you should know. Now all fighters that you beat classic mode with you get there normal series spirits. for example if you beat classic mode with Inkling you get the Inkling girl spirit from Splatoon. Each spirit has at least one slot for a support spirit to help the primary spirit (main spirit). There is also no limit on how much spirits you collect so keep getting them ’til your heart’s content. And also some spirits are super helpful like some improve your grab, some attack, and some shield. Spirits can also summon you with an item at the beginning of a battle. With spirits you can be harder to take down. But make sure that you have enough of a challenge. Plus Super Smash Bros Ultimate makes things more fair and more fun. Hope you enjoy playing the game!