The Paw Press

The Titanic II

Learn about the new replica of the 1912 Titanic!

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Titanic II

Recreation of the finished Titanic 2

Recreation of the finished Titanic 2

Recreation of the finished Titanic 2

Recreation of the finished Titanic 2

Jackson Melton, Journalist

Have you ever seen the movie “Titanic”? If you have, you’ve probably wondered what that would have been like. Well, in 2022 the world will be able to experience the Titanic again! The company Blue Star Line has been working to recreate a cruise liner replica of the Titanic. Australian Billionaire, Clive Palmer, (chairman of Blue Star Line), has been trying to complete the project since 2012. The project was stopped due to financial issues. But recently, in a press release, Blue Star Line stated that the cruise liner would be sailing as early as 2022. 

Recreation of the finished Titanic 2

The overall cost of this project will be an estimated 500 million dollars. The tickets will be available in first, second, and third class, just like the original. Although Blue Star Line has not released ticket prices, people are offering as much as 1 million dollars! The original idea came about in 2012. The original launch date was set for 2016 but ,as mentioned above, was canceled due to financial issues. As of September 27, 2018, the plan is back! The ship will be launching in 2022. The maiden voyage will be from Dubai to New York. Then shortly after, the Titanic will sail its original path from Southampton to New York. “The ship will follow the original journey, carrying passengers from Southampton to New York, but she will also circumnavigate the globe, inspiring and enchanting people while attracting unrivaled attention, intrigue and mystery in every port she visits,” says Clive Palmer.  

Clive Palmer

To avoid disaster the ship will be fitted with plenty of life boats and life vests. It will have a welded hull and modern navigation technology. In 1912, the Titanic sank because of an ice-burg collision. There are many ice masses still today in the same area of the ocean in which the ship sank. Due to something called “arctic amplification” this new replica may not be safe. During this phenomenon, a jet stream is formed. This stream pushes arctic storms farther south. This could pose a threat to the Titanic 2 because storms and ice masses could throw the ship off course and possibly, ( though not very likely), sink the ship. This has been a big topic as more press releases come from Blue Star Line. Journalists on various websites are questioning the safety of the voyage. A news website called Truthout just published an article talking about the arctic amplification in relation to the new Titanic. 

The Titanic 2 is a pending project and is supposedly set to sail in 2022. Clive Palmer is trying to make this happen. The Titanic 2 is being built by a company in China. Ticket information is available on bluestarline.com.au. New info is being posted on their website weekly.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Titanic II”

1. dorrie jacobson on December 21st, 2018 3:18 pm

Wow! That is really cool!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Titanic II

News

Should The U.S Pull Out Of Afghanistan

• The Titanic II

News

Michael Cohen Testifies against Trump Administration

• The Titanic II

News

Ethiopian Air 737 Crashes, Killing Everybody Onboard

• The Titanic II

News

The Future of Cloning

• The Titanic II

News

Finn Cunningham

• The Titanic II

News

A Recap of The Oscars

• The Titanic II

News

Starbucks Update: 32,000 Square Feet New Store

• The Titanic II

News

Once World Killer… Now World Saver?

• The Titanic II

News

Are We Coming Closer to a Cure for Cancer?

• The Titanic II

News

A Christmas Crustacean Migration

The Student News Site of Catharine Blaine K-8
The Titanic II